Just 15, you say? We flock to Florence for annual vacations and study abroad, never quite feeling like we’ve scratched the surface. There are always return trips to make to the Uffizi, the Accademia, and new cafes and shops to discover, pockets of modernity in a city that seems frozen in time. It’s no wonder Florence was rated the best city in Europe in our 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards. It’s as rich in history as it is in culture—and if time is short, these 15 experiences will deliver a primer on this beautiful city.
- Climb the Duomo and Bell Tower
- Go on a Street Art Scavenger Hunt
- Rent a Bicycle
- Get Coffee at Chiaroscuro
- Eat your weight in gelato
- Picnic at Giardino delle Rose
- Visit the Santa Trinità Basilica
- Go on a Dante Alighieri treasure hunt
- Snack like a local at Mercato San Lorenzo
- Learn your leather at the Leather School in Santa Croce
- Visit the Florentine bourgeoisie at the “Holy Gates”
- Explore the smaller museums
- And yes—go to the Uffizi
- Visit Villa Bardini
- Eat bistecca fiorentina
Take the time to read the entire article, Florence is beautiful. The photography is magnificent and the captions complement the pictures perfectly.
The following post was excerpted from cntraveler.com. Full attribution and a link to this article follow directly.
Published by cntraveler.com
July 1, 2016
Written by Coral Sisk
Pacifico Airport Valet Parking services PHL and is pleased to be able to bring you Philadelphia Airport Parking and European oriented travel tips. Many thanks for stopping by and reading this post. Follow us on Twitter (@PacificoValet).